• بيانات مركوش
      رقم العضوية : 5
      عضو منذ : Jul 2008
      المشاركات : 2,471
      بمعدل : 0.43 يوميا
      معدل تقييم المستوى : 40
      التقييم : Array

2. The Most Beautiful Coins of Antiquity:

Bill Puetz submitted the coin of the Chalkidian League from the Vcoin pages of John Lavender.

Kelly Ramage was partial to the sensitive portrayal of Julia Mamaea and lovely patina on this coin. It also depicts the Tyche of Antioch one of the most celebrated sculptures of antiquity.

Dave Welsh states, "Most Beautiful" is a very hard thing to define. "Greatest Artistic Achievement" is a bit easier, especially if one considers how the celature stands out against contemporary works. Here is one that I think is a very serious contender for that title, arguably the apogee of late Archaic numismatic art: (the British Museum specimen)

Andrew Thall selects a remarkable Philip I denarius RIC IVc 075 from Antioch in pristine condition

An amazingly sensitive portrait on a small golden coin was submitted by Joseph Daniele. The portrait is of Attis wearing phrygian cap which in the future became associated with liberty. This coin was offered by Pars Coins at Vcoins.

Brett Telford chose the famous coin minted after the annexation of Egypt, depicting the two friends Augstus and Agrippa. Amazing portraits!

Within two hours of each other, James Lomiento and Glenn Terry submitted the same coin type. James states that the illusion of the hair of Arethusa floating in water is stylistically pleasing, while Glenn, an established artist, thought both obverse and reverse were remarkable works of art. This is James' choice

And Glenn's choice.

And from Patricia Lawrence, who probably know more about the art of ancient coins than anyone, this AE 27 of Septimius Severus from Nicopolis ad Istrum. A wondrous obverse portrait with Tyche on the reverse with kalathos and cornucopiae in her left hand and in her right a rudder on globe - quite the arms full. I think this image loses a lot of detail so I am linking to the full size version.

Here is my prize possession - "my preciousss". A Tetradrachm from Kyme depicting the Amazon Kyme. There is great variation in how kyme is depicted from bull-necked warrior to sensitive warrior. When I saw this one at Pars coins, I fell in love immediately.

مركوش غير متواجد حالياً
    رد مع اقتباس
  3. تكبير الخط تصغير الخط
    بتاريخ : 20-07-2016 الساعة : 06:47 PM رقم #2
    كاتب الموضوع : مركوش

مراقب

الصورة الرمزية شكرى

• بيانات شكرى
      رقم العضوية : 51
      المشاركات : 2,372
      بمعدل : 0.41 يوميا
      معدل تقييم المستوى : 39

4. thanks a lots for the very useful topic

شكرى غير متواجد حالياً
    رد مع اقتباس
  5. تكبير الخط تصغير الخط
    بتاريخ : 24-07-2016 الساعة : 04:33 PM رقم #3
    كاتب الموضوع : مركوش

شاملى ماسى

• بيانات التميمى العراقى
      رقم العضوية : 101
      المشاركات : 1,059
      بمعدل : 0.18 يوميا
      معدل تقييم المستوى : 26

6. many thanks for the very interesting topic

التميمى العراقى غير متواجد حالياً
    رد مع اقتباس

معلومات الموضوع

الأعضاء الذين يشاهدون هذا الموضوع

الذين يشاهدون الموضوع الآن: 1 (0 من الأعضاء و 1 زائر)

المفضلات

المفضلات

ضوابط المشاركة

• لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
  • لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
  • لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
  • لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك